Thursday, May 20, 2010

What should we have for dinner?

So, this past Saturday, we finally decided that it was time to go shopping for maternity clothes. Why don't I have any left from Chloe you ask? When we moved into our house 2 years ago, I didn't want to bring a whole lot with. It was time for a closet purge. And a year after having Chloe, I was convinced I was done and had no need for maternity clothes anymore!

Plus, I didn't want to get caught wearing them when I had a "fat" day!

As I'm getting ready to go, I think to myself "I feel like being sassy today! I'll wear my cute denim pencil skirt!" As I pull it on, I realize, "oh crap! this is not going to fit!!" Sure enough, wouldn't even fit over my now expanding backside!

So, I opt for a pair of jeans. Nope, same deal! The only pants that fit were way past funky to wear out in public (have I ever mentioned how much I hate laundry?!). So there I stand in my closet, close to tears over not having anything to wear.

Suddenly, just like in the movies, out of the corner of my eye I spotted my favorite pair of work out capris. I swear, they were illuminated with a choir of angels singing in the back ground! ELASTIC WAIST BAND!!!! Thank you, Jesus!!

Finally feeling much more comfortable, I look for a t shirt. Ha! This was almost as bad as trying to find a pair of jeans that fit. Why do I insist on not super baggy shirts? Why do they have to be on the verge of clingy w/o revealing too much of my fat. Because now at nearly 12 weeks pregnant, they are WAY to clingy and I feel like I need to wear a sign that says "I'm pregnant, not fat, so STOP STARING!!!"

As I settle for a semi loose White Sox tee, I walk into my husbands office and tell him "Dude, do you know how many times I changed my outfit already?! Nothing fits! I feel like a freaking stuffed sausage!!"

His reply: "Hmmm...want to have hot dogs for dinner?"

Thanks hun, you're just the best!

1 comments:

The Denny Family said...

LMAO! Gotta love the husbands!!